The Spirit and the Word Ministries
WELCOME !! The Spirit and the Word Ministries is a Full Gospel ministry. As such, we embrace the following tenants of the faith:
1. THE SCRIPTURES – The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (II Peter 1:21, II Timothy 3:16).
2. THE TRIUNE GODHEAD – The one true God revealed Himself as a Triune Being manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19, Luke 3:22).
3. THE DEITY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST – The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, is divine, and shares in the Deity of God as the second person of the Holy Trinity (John 5:22 – 23, II John 3).
4. ORIGINAL SIN AND THE FALL OF MAN – The first man, Adam, by his transgression, fell, and thus sin entered into the world, resulting in physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God (Genesis 3:6 – 24, Romans 5:12 – 19).
5. THE SALVATION OF MAN – Man’s only hope of redemption from the stain of sin is through the shed blood of Christ, the Son of God (Luke 24:47, Acts 4:12).
6. THE CHURCH – The true Church, the body of Christ, is not an edifice but the habitation of God through the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:12 – 27, Ephesians 1:22 – 23, Hebrews 12:23).
7. THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT – The baptism in the Holy Spirit, an enduement of power for Christian service, is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth (Luke 24:29, Acts 1:8, Acts 8:12 – 17, Acts 10:44 – 46).
8. DIVINE HEALING – Divine healing was clearly provided for in the Old Testament and is provided for in the Atonement (Exodus 15:23 -26, James 5:14 – 16).
9. THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT – The manifestations of the Spirit are given to believers as He wills to profit all (I Corinthians 12).
10. THE SECOND ADVENT OF CHRIST – The second coming of Christ includes the “catching away of the saints,” followed by the actual visible return of Christ with His saints to reign with Him on earth for one thousand years (I Thessalonians 4:16 -17, Revelation 1:7, Revelation 20:1 – 6).
11. THE FINAL JUDGMENT – There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead, those whose names are not written in the Book of Life, will be consigned to everlasting punishment, which is the second death (Revelation 20:11 -15).
12. THE NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH – “We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness” (II Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1).